Please note, the study abroad options below are for students enrolled on programmes from outside the UK to spend part of their studies at East 15 Acting School.
We are excited to now offer study abroad opportunities at East 15 for conservatoire training on our Acting programmes and we have constructed a bespoke range of options, providing an excellent, complementary education to students wishing to expand their knowledge and practice.
Students can choose from the following options:
The programme modules are selected from the middle year of our three year acting programmes, delivered by our own faculty and visiting professional artists, and are designed to be of particular interest to those wishing to focus their actor training and theory in the UK.
Our accredited Acting Abroad programme brings together Skills development (Voice, Movement, and Singing) and textual analysis, with a specific focus on Shakespeare, classic and contemporary British texts, enhanced by contextualisation and a concentrated approach to acting technique and methodology.
Modules constitute the usual 60 UK credits for one Semester, 120 UK credits for the Year or an extra 15 UK credits for an optional Intensive Summer Term.
To download and view our Study Abroad (JYA) brochure, click here.
For any queries about our Study Abroad programme, or if you are part of an organisation looking for partnership, please email us.
Whilst most of the instructions above are applicable to you if you are applying to our Study Abroad (JYA) programme at East 15, please follow these additional instructions when completing your East 15 Application form.
1. Click on Undergraduate.
2. Enter JYA APPLY in the UCAS or Direct Admissions number box.
3. Choose JYA ONLY from the drop down list in 1st Preference.
1. Choose Option 1 and enter the URL link for your audition in the audition URL box. Full information on what to prepare for your video audition can be found here - Preparing for auditions | University of Essex (east15.ac.uk).
2. Tick the ‘I am applying for the Audition Fee Waiver’. You do not need to submit a fee waiver application, but you do need to tick the box in order for your application form to go through. Applicants to our study abroad programme automatically receive a fee waiver.
3. Tick ‘I confirm I have read the Audition Fee Terms and Conditions’.
Enter the date you expect to complete your current degree, the name of your college/university, the full degree title expected (i.e. BA in Drama) and your current GPA. You must complete the full line in order for the information to register on your form.
1. Whether you are interested in full-year, semester-only (and which semester if so) and/or Summer Intensive.
2. Why you want to study at East 15.
Tick both boxes. The T&C’s apply mainly to applicants to full-time study, but we do need you to tick the boxes in order for the form to submit.
Click on Submit and you will then be directed to an uploads page.
Upload a head and shoulders photo of yourself. This should be either a jpeg or png image that is not too large in size. It does not need to be a professional photo, just one that we can recognise you by.
If you would like to, you can upload any other supporting documents that you have (e.g. a CV or resume).
Once your application form has been submitted, you will receive an automatic confirmation email with a copy of your application.Please ignore any instructions in this email as they are meant for full time applicants to East 15.